Return to Media List
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
STATER BROS. MARKETS' FULL SERVICE SUPERMARKET
San Bernardino, California (Wednesday, January 16, 2008) -
Stater Bros. Markets announces groundbreaking for new "Blue Ribbon" full service supermarket in Cathedral City, California.
46th Stater Bros. Supermarket to serve Riverside County
7th Stater Bros. Supermarket to serve Coachella Valley
2nd Stater Bros. Supermarket to serve Cathedral City
Stater Bros. Markets, Riverside County’s largest Supermarket Chain, is proud to announce a Groundbreaking Ceremony on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. to dedicate the site of its newest and most modern Full Service Supermarket in Southern California.
The NEW Stater Bros. Supermarket will be located at Plaza Rio Vista at the northwest corner of Vista Chino and Landau Boulevard in Cathedral City. In addition to a new Stater Bros. Supermarket, Plaza Rio Vista will feature a Starbuck’s, Carl’s Jr., and Chevron Gas Station.
Stater Bros. has been serving Riverside County customers for 60 years (since 1948) and this will be the 46th Stater Bros. Supermarket in Riverside County. A Grand Opening Celebration for the new Cathedral City Stater Bros. Supermarket is scheduled for April 2008.
Stater Bros. currently operates six Full Service Supermarkets in the Coachella Valley and has been serving Coachella Valley customers for 29 years (since 1979). Stater Bros. operates another Supermarket in Cathedral City at 69255 Ramon Road as well as Supermarkets in Desert Hot Springs, Indio, La Quinta, Palm Desert, and Palm Springs.
The NEW 44,000 sq. ft. Full Service North Cathedral City Stater Bros. Supermarket will feature:
- Full Service Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers behind the counter offering a selection of U.S.D.A. Select Meat, Harris Ranch Premium All-Natural U.S.D.A. Choice Black Angus Beef, and U.S.D.A. Prime Beef (upon request)
- Full Service “Fresh” Seafood Department
- Full Service Deli offering a complete selection of fresh salads, premium deli meats, a wide variety of domestic and imported cheeses, and meals-to-go including Stater Bros. famous Golden Fried Chicken. The new Deli will also include a selection of hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own olive and salad bar. Premium Sandwich Classics, fountain drinks and express checkout will also be offered.
- Full Service Hot Bakery will offer baked fresh La Brea fine Artisan breads and rolls, elegant desserts, premium ice cream cakes, and custom-made decorated cakes for all occasions including picture cakes
- Full Service Floral Department offering fresh-cut flowers, bouquets, arrangements, potted plants, home décor and custom designs
- “Garden Fresh” Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded Organic selections
- The addition of energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of day lighting and help the environment*Plus, Stater Bros.’ “Famous Low Prices” … from your … “Low Price Leader” … for 71 Golden Years
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros. Markets stated, “The Stater Bros. ‘Family’ has been proudly serving the Coachella Valley for over 29 years and is especially proud to build this new Stater Bros. ‘Blue Ribbon’ Full Service Supermarket to better serve our ‘valued’ Cathedral City customers.”
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County, with annual sales in 2007 of $3.7 billion. Last year, Stater Bros. contributed over $15 million in support of nonprofit organizations in the communities it serves, with an emphasis on worthy programs that benefit hunger relief, health and nutrition, and education. The Company currently operates 164 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. “Family” of Employees.
STATER BROS. MARKETS...SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 71 YEARS