Return to Media List
Members of the media are welcome to review the following press releases and photos.
The news can be downloaded as a
Grand Opening For New Grand Terrace "Blue Ribbon" Supermarket
New Supermarket is the Company’s “75th Anniversary Supermarket”
New Supermarket has received EPA GreenChill Award for Earth Friendly Refrigeration Systems
San Bernardino, California (Friday, August 26, 2011) -
“A Promise Made, A Promise Kept” is the theme for the Grand Opening of the new Stater Bros. Grand Terrace Supermarket, which is also the Company’s 75th Anniversary Supermarket. As a result of the loyalty of its “valued” customers and the cooperation of the Grand Terrace Community, the new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will open on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:00 a.m., following a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony in front of the store at 8:15 a.m. After Wednesday, the new Supermarket will be open Monday through Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Located at 22201 Barton Road in the Grand Terrace Town Square, the new Grand Terrace Supermarket will replace a smaller Stater Bros. Supermarket located at 22441 Barton Road, which will close on August 23rd. This new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket demonstrates Stater Bros.’ commitment to the Grand Terrace Community it has served for over 37 years (since 1974).
In celebration of the Grand Opening, Stater Bros. Charities will be making donations to the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department’s Grand Terrace Station for their Explorer’s Program, the Colton High School Marching Band, who will also perform at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, and to the friends of the Grand Terrace Library for their Children’s Program.
At 44,000 sq. ft., the new state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket is over 72% larger than the existing Grand Terrace Supermarket, with wider customer-friendly aisles and 40% more convenient parking spaces. Stater Bros. is also pleased to announce that its new Grand Terrace Supermarket has earned the prestigious EPA GreenChill Gold Award for meeting tough standards and using refrigerants that do not harm the earth’s ozone layer.
The new Grand Terrace Stater Bros. Supermarket will feature:
- Full Service Fresh Meat and Seafood Departments with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Delicatessen including fried chicken, hot specialty soups and a prepare-your-own salad bar
- Full Service Premium Sandwich Classics with fountain drinks, fresh “Hometown Coffee” and express checkout
- Full Service Hot Bakery featuring freshly baked La Brea Artisan breads as well as specialty cakes and fine desserts
- Full Service Floral Department with floral experts to help with preparation and selection
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
- Full Service Chase Bank Branch
- The new Stater Bros. Grand Terrace Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- Award winning energy efficient refrigeration system that reduces carbon dioxide emissions (the equivalent of removing more than 250 automobiles off the road for one year) and includes display cases with LED lighting and glass doors.
- Energy efficient skylights to incorporate the use of natural day lighting and help the environment
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags available for purchase
- “Park and Ride” area in the parking lot with 45 parking spaces designated for local commuters
Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros., stated, “The Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to build this new, modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and ‘valued’ Grand Terrace area Customers.”
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County. The Company currently operates 167 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family.
STATER BROS ... PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 75 YEARS