The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Pharmacy Technician expedites the processing of prescriptions by performing all duties, necessary and allowable, by policy or law, under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist on duty, or the Pharmacy Manager. Attain the highest level of customer relation.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Maintain the highest level of customer relations.
- Obtain and verify information for new prescriptions presented in person: Verify insurance and coverage, DOB; patient name, prescriber’s name, phone number and address
- Type labels for new prescriptions as well as labels for those refill prescriptions requiring a label; enter the appropriate information into the computer and generate a label.
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs (except CIIS’s),
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Follow company policy and procedures including register performance, security issues, and confidentiality.
- Answer telephone to obtain proper information for refills; answer questions/concerns.
- Refer all doctor’s calls and customer’s medical questions to Pharmacist.
- Operate a cash register including: cash, checks, and charge transactions; bagging merchandise, insurance signature logs.
- Process all filing, accounting, and bookkeeping functions as deemed necessary by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Assist the Pharmacist with checking in, pricing, and putting away drug orders (except CII’s).
- Pull outdated, damaged and recalled merchandise and prepare for return.
- Carry out daily housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitation programs: Fill pharmacy supplies, vacuum, dust/wipe counter tops, clean sink and settee area, empty trash.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, consistent with company standards, in dress, personal appearance and grooming.
- As a pharmacy department employee, maintain good company loyalty, set a good example and project a healthy, positive attitude.
- Other duties as directed by the Pharmacy Manager.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous pharmacy retail experience preferred.
- Other educational/vocational requirements as determined by management.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Computer application experience required in software, Internet,
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Current CA Board of Pharmacy Technician license in good standing with no restrictions.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to:
San Bernardino, California 92408
or by Fax to (909) 733-4072